Vincentians have been assured that the threat of Ebola is not likely to affect plans for the 2015 carnival celebrations.
This assurance came from Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves, as he responded to a question at a News Conferenc on Monday.
Dr. Gonsalves was among heads of government of Caricom attending a special summit held in Trinidad last week to discuss the threats from Ebola and Chikungunya
Speaking at Monday’s News Conference, the Prime Minister said the Government has already taken steps to respond to the potential threat from Ebola, including the introduction of a special form for persons travelling by air.
Responding to a query from the media, the Prime Minister said local carnival preparations for 2015 are not likely to be affected by the threat of Ebola.