Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves will be attending the CARICOM Heads of Government Meeting which takes place in the Bahamas next week.
During the meeting, the Heads will be discussing the need to leverage CARICOM’s human, cultural and natural assets for the economic development of the community.
Other agenda items for consideration and discussions are as follow:
1. Principles to guide the identification of CARICOM candidates for international positions.
2. The establishment of the CARICOM Committee of Ambassadors.
3. Revision of emoluments and proposed pension rules for judges of the Caribbean Court of Justice.
4. Financing of the CARICOM Secretariat and community institutions.
5. Audit of the Caribbean Knowledge Learning and Network Agency (CKLNA).
6. Reparations for native genocide and slavery.
7. Financing and composition of The Marijuana Commission.
8. Discussions on how the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) can support the development of agriculture in the Community.
9. Relations with the Dominican Republic.
The Meeting will be held on February 26th and 27th in Nassau, Bahamas.