Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves will be among Caricom Heads of Government attending the 26th Intersessional Meeting of Caricom, set to take place in the Bahamas this week.
The Meeting is set to take place on Wednesday and Thursday.
During their deliberations, the regional Heads will be discussing the need to leverage CARICOM’s human, cultural and natural assets for the economic development of the community.
Other agenda items for consideration and discussions are as follow:
1. Principles to guide the identification of CARICOM candidates for international positions.
2. The establishment of the CARICOM Committee of Ambassadors.
3. Revision of emoluments and proposed pension rules for judges of the Caribbean Court of Justice.
4. Financing of the CARICOM Secretariat and community institutions.
5. Audit of the Caribbean Knowledge Learning and Network Agency (CKLNA).
6. Reparations for native genocide and slavery.
7. Financing and composition of The Marijuana Commission.
8. Discussions on how the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) can support the development of agriculture in the Community.
9. Relations with the Dominican Republic.
Prime Minister Gonsalves is also scheduled to attend the Meeting of the ECCB Monetary Council in St. Kitts/Nevis today.