President of the National Omnibus Association (NOBA) Anthony Bacchus said the planned strike action by the Association is likely to go ahead.
Mr. Bacchus said that during a meeting held with the membership yesterday, the majority voted to have representatives of NOBA meet today with Minister of State in the Ministry of Transport and Works, Julian Francis and Police Commissioner, Michael Charles today.
Speaking with NBC News following the meeting, Mr. Bacchus said today’s discussion was cordial.
He said NOBA is now awaiting information from Minster Francis and the Police Commissioner in relation to prospects for improvements to the road network and the public transport.
Mr. Bacchus said NOBA will make a statement on the issue by midweek.
Last week, NOBA had announced its intention to withdraw its services on Monday October 12th, to demonstrate the frustration amongst drivers at the lack of progress in addressing their concerns.
Mr. Bacchus had indicated at that time that Association had not received a favourable response from the Government to their requests to fix the roads.