NOBA Calls Of Strike

The National Omnibus Association has decided not to go ahead with its plan to withdraw its services on Monday October 12th.

President of NOBA, Anthony Bacchus had announced last week that the action was being taken to demonstrate the frustration of drivers at the lack of progress in addressing their concerns.

However, Mr. Bacchus told NBC News this morning that the Association has received a favourable response from the Ministry of Transport and the Police Commissioner, in relation to the proposals put forward at a meeting held this week.

Mr. Bacchus said NOBA has received an assurance in writing that its concerns would be addressed. These include improving the road network, reducing traffic congestion and improving the Public Transport System.

He said one of the major concerns was the condition of the roads.

Mr. Bacchus says changes will also be made, to alleviate traffic congestion.

Advertisement