The Local Fire Department Warns About Faulty Electrical Elements In The Home

The Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Fire Department (RSVGFD) is advising that Vincentians be vigilant at home, replace faulty appliances, and take measures to ensure that electrical fires are prevented.

Corporal Michael Bess said persons can access the services of the many certified technicians in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, if they think their appliance might be faulty.

Meanwhile, Speaking on last evening’s “On The Beat” programme, Constable McNeil Ellis said that Vincentians should be careful when moving appliances, because wires can become loose and cause a spark that can result in an electrical fire.

He added that it is better to incur the cost of replacing an old or faulty appliance, rather than risk losing everything in the house fire it might cause.




Advertisement