Eight secondary schools from across the country are today taking part in the first annual Local History Figure contest dubbed “Portraits”.
The contest is organized by the Ministry of Education for Third and fourth form students of History and Social Studies.
1. The Buccument Bay Secondary School is making a presentation on Milton Cato.
2. The Troumaca Ontario on Alpian Allen.
3. The George Stephens Secondary on George McIntosh.
4. The Thomas Saunders Secondary is presenting on Thomas Saunders.
5. The Petit Bordel Secondary on Ebonesa Joshua,
6. Adelphi Secondary School on Hugh mulzac
7. Georgetown secondary school is focusing on Jestina Charles
8. And the Girls High School on Dr. Earle Kirby.
Speaking at this morning’s opening ceremony Senior Education Officer for Secondary Schools Asfo Stephens said there is much more to be learnt and documented about Vincentian history.
And speaking on behalf of the sponsors of the event, Charlie Hallac of Nelson Thornes and Oxford University Press said the company is pleased to be associated with the first annual local history figure contests and looks forward to supporting the event annually.
The competition is taking place at the Peace Memorial Hall.